Sunday, October 16, 2011

Blog Post # 8

This Is How We Dream Parts 1 and 2
I could not really get into the groove with this video. I feel like he was talking about information we have already learned in EDM310. We know this is where the world is heading, we are already there now it is just getting better with time. I thought the video was put together very well I just feel his information is all information we have already seen in other videos and personal assignments. I do feel my students will be able to do this, I feel they will learn very early how to write with multi-media. Studying to be a Secondary teacher I know I will be giving assignments like this and I am looking forward to it. To see what a student can create with an unlimited amount of resources is going to be incredible. Teaching is taking a whole new turn visual learning has gained a new chapter.

Blog Post #12 by Carly Pugh
First I would like to start off by saying that I think Carly Pugh is going to be an amazing teacher and her students are very fortunate to have her as their teacher. I wish I had English teachers in my past that had as much spunk as she seems to have. I loved her videos. They were all very inspiring, watching her playlist I thought of something. What a great idea to have a playlist for your classroom. Making a playlist on YouTube to follow along with what your class is studying and while a teacher is presenting the lecture boom there the videos are all on one page. This also gives light to what we have learned with podcast for a student to be able to go back and watch what they had seen in class that day for extra help. I think she did a wonderful job with her post. I hope to get as much out of EDM310 as she clearly has. Multi-media learning is a very important tool. It can reach out to all of the many types of learners you will have in your classroom and will give them all the keys to success in learning.

The Chipper Series and EDM310 for Dummies
I really enjoyed these two videos. They are helpful, I think what I try to remember the most when it comes to EDM310 is to just breathe. It gets a little stressful. It was a very good message showing the road Chipper went down when she did not try at school. This happens to many people and I have seen it first hand. With EDM310 for Dummies I believe this is every student in EDM310 until it is over then we look back and will say "Wow, that wasn't so bad!" We will also then realize everything we have learned in EDM310. I can already see a difference in my life I know that in the end it will be amazing. The video that I would like to see more in EDM310 or PC friendly videos. I personally can not afford a Mac. I would love one but do not see myself having one in the near future. It is very difficult for some students to get to the lab often and not having a Mac makes things even harder when you truly do not know how to do something on a PC.

Learn to Change, Change to Learn
Once again another amazing video!!! How do you find these Dr. Strange? I really want to keep them for my classroom! I loved this! This video was so true. I think that people that have nothing to do with education should watch it. I make my roommate watch at least half of the videos we watch in EDM310. I love where education is going. At the beginning of the school year I was very hesitant towards technology in the classroom and now from this class I have learned I was hesitant to the most useful tool there is to teaching. Why not teach children with what they use everyday outside of the classroom! I applaud these educators and the educators we have for pushing this forward. Thank you so much!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brittany,
    I agree with so much of your blog post. I definitely think that most of the videos are amazing to watch but they seem to always give the same message about technology. It's nice to break it up some with the "Chipper series" or Carly's post. I also agree with what you said about the Mac. One can feel disadvantaged by not having or knowing how to use a Mac in this class and that is unfortunate. Your writing is great and you have put a lot of thought into your post.
    Great job, Brittany. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete