Saturday, September 3, 2011

Mr. Winkle Wakes by Mathew Needleman

The message in this video is very clear. It is showing that the world is changing so rapidly but yet we are not teaching people how to change with it. Everything we once knew in the world is changing and converting to technology and schools still teach on the same curriculum "Reading, Writing, and Arithmetic." I remember when I was in high school and would bring home assignments from classes such as Forensic Science, or Criminal Law and my grandfather would tell me that when he was in school "All you needed was Reading, Writing, and Arithmetic." That is just not the same story now. If we do not teach students about computers and social media even, they will be lost in their future schooling, jobs, even grocery stores. Drink machines take credit cards if that does not tell you that the world has turned to technology then I have beach front property in Kansas for you! Nah, just kidding. But really is it too late for us to catch up? If we as teachers should be steps ahead to teach our students and schools have not changed than how far behind are we? Scary thought.

2 comments:

  1. Good job summarizing the basic theme of this video. Next time, please include it in your main post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brittany! My C4C person this week did not make a post so I'm commenting on yours. I loved this video! I thought it was awesome how you showed how important technology is in teaching today. It should be a stressed subject in school because in today's market being technologically literate goes a very long way!

    ReplyDelete